THE MACDOWELL MUSIC CLUB OF CANTON
In 1908, ten young Canton women formed a club dedicated to the study and appreciation of classical music and named it for Edward Alexander MacDowell, distinguished American composer, who had died that year.
Well established by 1918, The MacDowell Club then elected its first officers, created an Executive Board, and admitted its first Associate Members.
Mrs. John C. Birdsall, Mrs. Charles Austin Crane, Mrs. Walter H. Deuble, Mrs. Ira Everhard, Mrs. Irma Steele Hedges, Mrs. Charles D. Rowlen, Mrs. C. E. Schilling, Mrs. Grace Carnahan Thompson, Mrs. Percy Van Horn, Mrs. Anna Silk Yost
Copyright © 2023 MacDowell Music Club of Canton